Monday, September 27, 2010

It's come back to life!

After lamenting the absence of any neuroscience-related blog carnivals, I decided to do something about it!  I got in touch with the folks over at SharpBrains (who had been running and archiving the carnival the last time it was seen alive,) made this site, and got to work bringing back Encephalon!  It will come out on or around the last Saturday of each month.

I have been told (and it seems true, from looking at the older editions) that Encephalon has traditionally been almost exclusively about neuroscience in humans.  I'd like to be inclusive (and I find non-human neuroscience, especially invertebrate neuroscience, fascination,) and so I'd like to publicly open it up to blogging about all areas of neuroscience and psychology, including the comparative, zoological, and computational stuff that doesn't fit into the topics of "human brains" and "human behavior".  If it's related to any nervous system, any where, it's fair game for this carnival.

I'll be hosting the first edition at Cephalove, so send me your submissions at mike.lisieski(at)gmail(dot)com !

I'd like to find hosts for the next year or so (or at least for the next few months), so if you're interested, please email me.  It's a great way to get in touch with what's going on in the science-blogosphere, while at the same time attracting readers to your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment